Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wtf is wrong with people.

So it's been a while since I've had the inspiration to write a blog. Well this morning at work has brought that to me.
So while I'm doing my morning routine of checking out my ambulance. I notice a new medic who has worked here as a basic emt for several years. Well when I see him come downstairs its 745 am. The shift starts at 0700, I understand he went to the other garage but he even showed up there 15 mins late and when he showed here he decided to BS for 15 mins. Who do you think you are newbie get in the truck and check it out. Now this isn't the first rodeo for this cowboy attempting to become a paramedic with the company. Apparently his attitude was a deciding factor in him not making it. Well I see it hasn't changed.
When I first started my field internship I was kissing the paramedics asses. I knew all of them but i was the student so I had to act like i was just that a student. So finally when i became a paramedic i would have never acted the way these newbs act nowadays. I knew my job was to learn everything and to question what I didn't know. Now they just come in acting like they're gods gift to EMS. Show some respect to the job and the person(s) who is training you. The attitude from the ones who get promoted is even worse. "Why do i have to do that?" " I already know that from BLS". You know what, just shut up and learn. You are the new medic so stop acting like you've been doing this long. This lack of respect is aggravating towards ones who have earned what little respect they deserve.
I'm so glad I'm not an FTO because I'm not sure i could handle dealing with these "self entitled" folks.

Oh and on a final note. Tie your damn boots. Show some respect to the job you newb.

No comments:

Post a Comment