Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Time for a change..... Maybe?

Today is not a regular shift for me. I somehow managed to pick 12 hours on a 911 truck. Doesn't happen very often. Yet all I see around me is change today. Things seem bleak around the company. Multiple different reasons which I will not get into on here. I know in my own personal heart that I still like working here. Yet my mind is telling me that maybe I should keep my options open. Now I know that there's a couple of services I will not work for, so let's make that clear to my lovely bride whenever she reads this. I could stay in this area for other services but nothing is on par. I could go up north and most likely get on one maybe even two 911 trucks, but then there's the commute, and pay and benefits to think of. Yet on the other hand I could be doing what I really want to do. Yet starting all over isn't all it's cracked up to be. So maybe I should change professions. I guess I'm still young enough to do it, yet having done this for over 10 years I'm set in my ways. Now this decision isn't just about me anymore. Now I have a wife and our future to think of. This isn't going to be easy, but eventually I need to figure something out. So I am going to go back to the truck and wait for my partner to finish up the report from this last run.

No comments:

Post a Comment