Monday, May 14, 2012

These calls are never easy.

Yesterday in the town of Westboro a 4 year old boy was found in a pool. The young boy drowned and was pronounced dead at the hospital. My heart goes out to the parents of this little boy. I don't know what's it's like but I can only imagine the pain they're going through. I also feel for my fellow paramedics and the other first responders who were on this call. Having done a pediatric drowning I know all too well the emotions that are probably running through their heads. I know they say that this our job, but seeing a kid die is never easy. If it doesn't get to you then you're most likely burnt out. I hope all those involved went through the proper stress debriefing and used it to for its a helpful tool. As for the parents only time will heal their wounds.
RIP little one. Just know that all those involved did everything they could.

No comments:

Post a Comment